Wednesday, February 4, 2009

House Hunting

With the housing market in a slump, Kellie and I decided we should help out and buy a house. It looks like we could upgrade to a house and not have to pay too much more than we pay now. WE looked at a handful of houses yesterday. They all had their weird things about them. One was a foreclosure in Ghent that had been gutted after being poorly decorated. We also looked at a nice three bedroom place in Colonial Place with a huge shed but a weird living room. The current favorite is a house on Willow Wood that is crazy spacious. Kellie is in love with it, but I still need some convincing. My problem is the lack of work space. The garage was converted into a second living room, so the only work space is a small shed in the back yard. It wouldn't be hard to build a new bigger shed so...

I know that picture is terrible, but that's what they had on the website.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged...house hunting takes time. Kellie told me y'all were looking. This one does look nice! But the way the market is right now, you have plenty of time to keep on looking and keep this one in the back of your minds. Good luck on the house hunt! It can be frustrating at times but also can be lots of fun!!

Kellette said...

it's amazing...i want it. we can build a bigger shed, no prob
=o)

swampy said...

hey temp... there is a house on my street that is for sale that is a steal. three br wth big open kitchen/livingroom space. i dont know your budget buts like 50 thou under appraisal... hit me up.. mikedigirolamo@gmail.com also awesome neighbors meaning....umm me!!!

Tim Lamb said...

good luck dude!
my dad appraises houses btw if you want some insider info email me!

Unknown said...

I love the screen porch

Marissa said...

That is a great house on willow wood. It always catches my eye. Have you guys checked out the one on our street yet?